Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tole painting of winter scene

This is a door topper that I painted about 12 years ago gosh has it been that long.. must be
My sister and niece both have this same one as well as we painted this in a tole painting class that we used to take.. it was alot of fun expectially doing the house.. this is all done in acrylic and we cut out the door topper in wood sanded it and then primed it and painted it, this took us about 3 to 4 classes.. tole painting is quite fun and nice to do ... my one sister Jeanne has done this poinsetta for me which is lovely .. its a white poinsetta on a black background...
Also I did this little drummer boy a favourite at christmas.
I did a close up of the drummer boy to show you a few details.... some people think ooh I could
never do that ... but once you learn the technique its really easy ... so the hat ... just draw it then almost like colouring in the spaces like tear drops ... then you have this stylus type thingy that you dip in the paint and do dot dot dot .. easy peasy... also the holly berries ... Qtips and then do a bit of a highlight on it ... If anyone has questions please do feel to post a comment and I will get back to you with any answers you might have.

ALMOST CHRISTMAS NOW

No comments: