Saturday, January 07, 2006

Heliconia


Heliconia Wild Banana Posted by Picasa
I have loved this flower since I first saw it about 20 years ago
in barbadoes. One of the pictures in the collage is mine the bottom
right hand side, its a bit more faded then the others that I have found
on the intranet.
I love the flow of the lines in this flower. The curve of the stem dangling
from tree and the banana leaf and its veins in the leaf which is so smooth
and a wonderous rips in the leaf which sometimes
happens from the winds.

Then we have the flower shape which is an oval with a point to it.
The green colour of the leaves with the contrast of the flower,red and
yellowish green. I only hope I will be able to do this flower justice in the
Quilt.
Off to do a bit of drawing and chose my colours for the quilt.

No comments: