Sunday, February 19, 2006
Rust Dyeing in process
Well I just had to try doing some rust dyeing.
I had an old rusty pair of pliers that we found in
the garden, so thought hmmm lets try those.
I put fabric around the piece, wet it and sat it
in the backyard... for about 4 weeks ... had a look
nothing!! kept wetting it but I think it dried out
to many times. The aha! I read somewhere
to use vinegar and wrap it up in a bag.. well
that is what I did and tada! (for a week)
I almost left it a bit to long as it is a bit crunchy
and almost starting to desolve the fabric with
rust dye.... so may redye it with rust to continue
the pattern .... stay tuned.