Monday, June 19, 2006

Challenge with Sisters and Toni


Well here we are Challenge of Fairy Shoes
The first pair I did was in pelmet vilene and I did some machine stitching on them but they did not look so great so onward I did another pair. The Fairy shoes are about 4 inches long and done in felt and painted bondaweb . I did a little star on the toe bit and then hand stitched them together using some metallic thread. Since I have posted these I have cut down the top part so the point is a bit longer as I did not think they looked right. I would like to curl the toe up more and make that tip curl over ... will post again once I play around with them. These were not an original idea I must admit. They were a bit fiddly.
A lady named Annette Emms has them on workshop on the web in the March subscription this year and hers are wonderfully fantastic. You can always get the back issue.

I really would like to do these again trying out different techniques.

Cannot wait to see the girls and what they did. Dianne, Sue and ToniPosted by Picasa

10 comments:

Terry said...

Oh my! These are really enchanting. How large are they?

Tonniece said...

Well Sandy I'm totally shocked that you had them done early (Well for you)LOL
But I knew you'd creat something wonderous, AND YOU HAVE.
Great fun, and frustration with this challenge.
But loved doing it all the same.
Tonniece

E-J said...

Hello Sandy. You seem REALLY into your crafts in a big way lately, producing all kinds of stuff ... is it the arrival of summer that's brought on this wave of creativity, or just something in your coffee?? ;-) Hope I'll get to see you sometime in the next couple of months ...

suzanne said...

Hey Sis,
Well another great job done by all,
they are very nice, like I said I took the easy way out, these are just wonderful, it was fun once again.
I have all these good idea's in my head, it's just getting the feeling to my hands, heheheh
love them.
lv. sue

MargaretR said...

I love your fairy shoes and all the new stuff on your blog. I have you subbed on Bloglines and today it showed 21 new posts! Lovely.
We seem to have a lot in common, I have taken loads of the wrought iron work at the V&A and the Emperors clothes :>)
I also take WOW and particularly enjoyed Annettes fairy shoes article.

MargaretR said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
emmyschoonbeek said...

Wonderful fairy shoes ,

jenclair said...

These are wonderful, Sandy!

Shirley Goodwin said...

I want some like these to wear!

Liz said...

I could just see these in Lord of the Rings, Sandy! Wonderful!