Monday, June 19, 2006
Challenge with Sisters and Toni
Well here we are Challenge of Fairy Shoes
The first pair I did was in pelmet vilene and I did some machine stitching on them but they did not look so great so onward I did another pair. The Fairy shoes are about 4 inches long and done in felt and painted bondaweb . I did a little star on the toe bit and then hand stitched them together using some metallic thread. Since I have posted these I have cut down the top part so the point is a bit longer as I did not think they looked right. I would like to curl the toe up more and make that tip curl over ... will post again once I play around with them. These were not an original idea I must admit. They were a bit fiddly.
A lady named Annette Emms has them on workshop on the web in the March subscription this year and hers are wonderfully fantastic. You can always get the back issue.
I really would like to do these again trying out different techniques.
Cannot wait to see the girls and what they did. Dianne, Sue and Toni