Friday, September 07, 2007

Hit me baby one more time!


Well I got the other one home .... and low and behold the needles were hitting the throat plate.
I called them this morning and they said ohh we will have the engineer call you .. I said what ... I dont need the engineer to call me ... I knwo its the throat plate and where the holes are .. are not matching ... the plate needs replacing ... I have been sewing for over 20 years (ok maybe longer) .
He asked me what I would like and I said send me a new machine ... well this is not what they wanted to do they want to take it back have a look and return in next thursday ... well NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME ... they are going to pick it up monday and .... Keep it ... I just need to call and tell them...
I just ordered another one ... from someone else JOYS this one is an 8 needles one which should be better .. with a much better warranty 25 years... and you can change the needles individually which should be alot cheaper ... and you can change the sizes of the barbs for thinner material ...
This one arrives MONDAY >.. So off to brugges this weekend .. picking up stuff for Dijanne for her workshops in V'al D'argent .... more on that later.

2 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

I have the Janome and have managed to break several needles already! I must get a new set as i want to do some more embellishing - it's lots of fun!

Unknown said...

I knwo what it's like to have trouble with machines - I had similiar probs. with my Bernina/Pfaff top of hte range nonsence. Which is the 8 needle embellisher - I fancy one of those!!