Saturday, May 27, 2006

Dijanne Cevaals work


Hell Fire by Dijanne Cevaal
This is one of the pieces that I have of Dijannes.I have long been an admirer of her work. She is a lovely person and good friend. Right now she is doing workshops in the netherlands and has been to spain and jerusalem with quilts from australia where she lives . I do have another piece of her work but I will save that for another day. I had first seen Dijannes work at the Quilt show in Houston but did not know of her then ... just that her work is very striking. I then moved here to cambridge, england and went to the quilt show at Chilford Hall and had emailed this lady on the yahoo group that I belong to to say if you needed a place to stay just let me know ... well I went to the show looked at this ladies portfolio at chilford and there it was the piece I had seen in houston and this was the lady who did it WOW ! and this was the lady I had offered a bed to .... this was back in 2002. We have had Dijanne come back on quite a few occasions since and she has kindly shared some of her secrets with me. If you haven't seen her work, I encourage you to have a look at her blog and website. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

I did my first dyeing class with Dijanne here in NZ in 1999. Her work is just lovely.

Dijanne Cevaal said...

Awww gee thanks... but you are delightful hosts! Are you coming to Val d'Argent by any chance?

Emmy said...

I did a workshop in the Netherlands whit dijanne It was wonderful ,
Her work is so beautiful